Monday, November 16, 2009

Chester Frost Park

Today turned out awesome but very different than I expected. Right after World Religions I left to pick up my parents at the airport and got there just as my mum walked out the door. I thought that was pretty good timing seeing as how I had to stop and get gas on the way there. After my Survey of Children's Lit. class I met up with my parents again and we took my niece and nephew to the Imagination Station. We had fun making up games to play in the small section of the playground that wasn't cordoned off with police caution tape (Not sure what was going on with that, but it was quite annoying that we couldn't play in the bigger and more interesting part of the Imagination Station). Then my parents took Tucker and Coral to pick up their fifth wheel and take it out to camp at Chester Frost Park until Thursday. Jonathan and I bought a bunch of hot dogs and then drove out to the park too. My parents stopped to get the rest of the food at a grocery store on the way so Jonathan and I made it to the park before them and hung out until they got there. Then we helped them back into their camping spot and got Tuck and Coral looking for sticks and twigs to use for a fire. After we had a larger pile then I thought we'd get, I tried on a butterfly costume that my mum had brought down for Coral to use and Coral and I pretended to be butterflies for a bit. That was probably very amusing for the other campers nearby, but let me tell you, it was sure fun to run around in a butterfly costume and act like a kid again. Then we had hot dogs and fruit and veggies and marshmallows for supper and it was awesome. But then Jonathan and I had to leave and go back to campus and student-life reality again...how disappointing.

2 comments: