Friday, November 20, 2009

Barnes & Noble

Today I spent probably at least an hour and a half (and very likely even more time than that) in Barnes & Noble. It was the first time I've been there since late September or early October when Ty and I went on a brother-sister date to Red Robins and then Barnes & Noble. I bought too many books that time so I had to force myself to stay away for awhile. Well, today my Mum and I went there and hung out in the kids section for a long time. I found the most awesome books: "How to Talk to Dad's" (written by a 10-year-old who has written two other books as well, "How to talk to Moms"and "How to Talk to Girls"), "Gilbert the Great" (a picture book about a most adorable Great White Shark), "Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet" (I have the book in the series about the writer's alphabet), and "Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey" (in the spirit of American Thanksgiving I just couldn't resist). I also bought two children's lit. chapter books so I think I'm set for kids books for the next little while. Man, I just love books so much. I wish I had an infinite supply of money to buy books...or an infinite supply of time to read books...or both.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds just lovely! I could live for days in Barnes & Noble's or McKay's or Powell's or... I still need to return those lovely books you lent me. I have a couple of good ones by Kate DiCamillo that you should read sometime.

    ReplyDelete