Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sorry and Battleship

Lots of stuff happened today.  First, because of unforeseen circumstances, Bryn, Jonathan, and I made it to the 10:30 showing of SonRise with only a couple minutes to spare.  Jonathan's mum had our tickets and was waiting outside the church to give them to us.  We ran all the way from where we parked my car and got inside the sanctuary just before the doors closed.  Other than that, we traveled through the pageant without any other major dilemmas or delays.  I got to see Tyler just as he was heading through the market place to join his group and made him stop to get a picture with me.  Then I got to watch him act out his part of Judas masterfully, which was fun to see.
Second, after SonRise we went to Jonathan's grandparents place for lunch and then watched their DVD of "The Adventists."  I had wanted to watch it at the convocation last Tuesday, but I was working then and couldn't.  So it was nice to be able to see it today.
Third, when we got back to our apartment, Bryn and I went to seek out places to take her senior violin recital pictures.  We found a simple but nice looking place just across the street from our cul-de-sac.  Then I took lots and tons and hundreds (probably) of pictures while Bryn tried out different poses.  Then we went back to our apartment and ate supper.
Fourth, we journeyed back to campus where Bryn, Jonathan, Josh, Danielle and I got free smoothies and played table games in the cafe.  Jonathan and I played Sorry while Bryn and Josh dueled in Battleship and Danielle waited for her smoothie.  Then we all played Set and Rummikub before going our separate ways to sleep.  It was a good day, but really busy.

And now, here it is.  The best quote of the day:
(During game night)
Ali: (reaches to set the Sorry box on top of the Battleship box) Can I put this here?
Josh: (grabs one end of the Sorry box) Sorry, you can't.
Ali: (glances at the games and thinks super fast) Well, (sets down her end of the Sorry box on top of the Battleships box) Battleship, I can!
Josh and Jonathan: (uproarious laughter)
Ali: (grins in pride that she came up with a witty and game-night-appropriate comeback so fast)

1 comment: