I went to the Comm. church today at Elsie Holmes Park. Every year the SJ&C puts on a church service to recognize the graduating seniors. This was the first year I went and it was so nice that I wished I'd gone other years. Ms. Chamberlain spoke and just told a whole bunch of memories she had from her time here and tried to include a lot of the current students and faculty and especially all the graduates. After church, and some awards and cards for the seniors, we had haystacks and cake. Halfway through eating, all the lights went out from a lightning strike nearby. The thunderstorm was really neat to watch from the inside of the pavilion.
After lunch, we went back to campus, gathered a few more people, and took off for Fall Creek Falls. I hadn't been there before and I'm really glad I got the chance to go before I left this area. We walked around by the falls, getting soaking wet from the rain, but having a good time.
When I got home, I realized that this is my very last weekend here. Well, the very last normal one because next weekend is going to be very different from all the other ones I've had here. That's really sad, but I'm getting pretty excited to go home and be in the northwest again!
PS - In Ms. Chamberlain's talk, she mentioned the two times the SJ&C faculty have done farewell songs for professors who were leaving. I was at the farewell for Ms. Chamberlain, but not the one two years ago for Ms. Caldwell, so tonight I went on YouTube and found that song. It's pretty amazing, too. If you want to see, click here and enjoy!
I don't know whether to be sad or excited for you. If I were in a musical, I'd sing you a song called "Sad, but Excited."
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link! it was so entertaining!