This morning our alarms (all three of us set our cell phone alarms and then we got a wake-up call from the hotel as well) went off within five minutes of each other around 4 a.m. We finally got ourselves up and ready to head to the airport. While Bryn and Ty took showers I went downstairs to the hotel lobby to check-in all three of us online and print out boarding passes. It was nice there was a computer all set up to do that. Then we did a last minute sweep of our room before carting all of our bags/backpacks down to the lobby to catch our shuttle. Then we were on our way. The shuttle dropped us off close to our airline and then we had to take the elevator up to the skywalk and then take another one up to the ticketing level. Then we got in the line to just drop our bags off. I was really glad I had checked-in online earlier because it was a lot faster that way. We got through security without too much trouble. Then we left Bryn guarding all of our carry-ons while Ty and I walked to the food court area and ordered some more of that delicious pesto penne that we always get when we come through SEA-TAC. We brought the food back to where Bryn was sitting and ate as much as we could right there. Then we packed up the extras for the next time we would be hungry and took the train to the S terminal, found our gate and hung out until our flight boarded. We got more comments about all our instruments as we boarded the plane. Bryn and I sat together in the middle and aisle seats and Ty sat in the middle seat of the row behind us. I slept almost the entire flight. I did try to read more of my book, but I only got about 10 pages before I had to put it back down and continue sleeping. I'm SOO glad we had a nonstop flight straight from Seattle to Atlanta. I've never had that flight before, but it's sure nice. Connections just make air travel take a whole lot longer than it should. We got to Atlanta at 2:30 p.m., half an hour earlier than scheduled so that was nice. It didn't take too long to get our bags, but then we had a little difficulty finding where to get our shuttle to the car parking place. Finally Ty went back in the baggage claim area and found a sign so we followed him and made it back to our car fine. Then we had to load up the car, put our destination in our GPS and start the last part of the journey back to school. We got here just after 6 p.m.
After dropping Ty off at the dorm, Bryn and I went to the music building to put our violins away. Well, I put my violin away and Bryn met Emily, a current SM who was back for Christmas and wanted to use a violin for the evening before she had to fly back to Ukraine. Bryn let Emily use her violin and then we headed back to our place. Jonathan called just as we were leaving campus and wanted to come over and hang out so soon after we got to our apartment he came over. It was great to see him again. Then I had a shower and just when I finished Jonathan's grandma called and said they wanted us to come over for supper so we went over there and I met his aunt, uncle and little cousins. We stayed there visiting for a bit and then I came back here to write this before having to head out to pick up Stephen at Groome Transportation. He gets there around 1 a.m. so I'm really happy we don't have school tomorrow!
Wow, that sounds like a long flight. I hope you got a chance to rest afterwards.
ReplyDelete