Tonight I finally got to see the inside of the Doll House. I've been wanting to since it got moved to its present location and tonight I got my chance. It actually seems a lot bigger inside than it appears to be from the outside. I had read the plaque outside the building before and had also read the story in the Southern Accent about all the uses the Doll House has had since it was built, but it was neat to see the write-ups and pictures that were posted on bulletin boards inside. I also thought it was neat that Santa Claus was set up on the porch of the Doll House. It seemed like a very appropriate place for him to be. Oh and there was also a gingerbread man right near the line for Santa. Jonathan took a picture of Danielle and I posing with him. Other than that Christmas on the Promenade was the usual, although it seemed warmer - at least to me - than the previous two years that I've attended. One thing I was a bit sad about was that it was my last Christmas on the Promenade and my two siblings couldn't enjoy it with me. They were in Film Evaluation class. Oh well, I found others to hang out with and that was fun too.
After the Christmas festivities, I had to go work at the Accent office. It was super nice of our editor to let us take part in the fun before having to work. Work tonight was a lot of fun, although that could be because of the Christmas music, homemade cookies and apple cider waiting for us back in the Accent office. Tonight's issue took an extra long time - half because we started working late because of Christmas on the Promenade and half because I think we all really wanted to make sure that this, our last issue of the semester, was as error-free as we could make it. Also I think we wanted to make sure all the stories about Kirsten were as correct, appropriate and sensitively-written as possible. When I was finally done editing and fixing and changing things around, the copy editor, Adrienne, and I left together. Reading all the information about Kirsten made us want to stick together as we left the student center so I walked with Adrienne to her car and she gave me a ride to mine. I wonder if extra precautions actually keep you safe or just make you a more-easily-scared human being?
I think there's a balance there. Everything in the world can be dangerous if you use it right (or rather, wrong). I think it's foolish to take no precautions, but at some point you just have to trust God's promise to take care of us, whatever that means.
ReplyDelete